The Jomablue Event App works across all devices, with no app store approvals or downloads required. This allows for optimal uptake and engagement with your attendees. The Event App is designed to display one or many events e.g. single conference, roadshow events.
Marketing the Event App
We have many opportunities to market the event app to your attendees. We can include app links within e-Tickets, eDMs, and SMSs as well as the option to provide links to the app via our event Touchpoints around the event. Contact your Jomablue project manager to discuss a marketing plan for your Event.
Here are some suggestions:
- Include a link in the e-Ticket Emails and SMS's
- Sent a link via SMS when people check into the Keynote
- Add "Tap to download" touchpoints around the event
Progressive Web Apps (PWA) can be used on all modern browsers on mobile and desktops. The Event App is accessed by navigating to a URL via a web browser.
Saving the Event App
Android and iOS (The most common mobile platforms) both have different ways to handle the Event App. Android will automatically prompt users to install the application when they first visit the Event App URL. iOS users can do the same in a couple of taps. The end result is the Event app installed on the persons device for quick and easy access during the event.
Users do not need to search the app store or know their store passwords in order to install the application.
Here is an example of how it looks installed on iOS, and how Android prompts users to install the app. The Name and Icon is not customisable.
Event App Features
Event Detail Screen / Landing Page
This is the default page that is loaded when someone visits the app for the first time. This is a screen that displays some detail about the event app. On this page the following, non customisable elements are displayed:
Welcome message (Optional)
Agenda and Vendors Quick Links
The event app does not require users to login in order to use it. If a registered attendee logs in their experience is customised and they will have access to their event feed and networking. There are three methods of logging into the event app:
- Using their Mobile/Cell number
- Using their email address
- Using Facial Recognition
These three options are visible to all users all the time. In all cases, the login process is the same:
Jomablue registration supports the cleaning and collection of all data for these purposes. If registration data is provided to Jomablue, mobile/cell numbers and email must conform to standards or the attendees won't be able to login to the Event App.
Important regarding Facial Recognition:
Using Facial Recognition to log into the event app requires the use of Jomablue Registration, as correctly framed photos are required of the person in order to accurately recognise them in the login process. Jomablue can't accept photos of people from other systems unless they are manually uploaded to people records in Jomablue. Facial Recognition is only available when login in via a mobile device, users can't login using facial recognition on desktop computers. A valid email or phone number is required for facial recognition login as this is used to validate the person.
The feed displays a scrolling reverse-chronological list of a persons interactions at the event. These include, sessions attended, vendors visited and announcements. The feed is only visible once a person has logged into the event app.
Users will see the session name and the time they attended the session.
Users will see the vendor Display name and the time they interacted. Different "visited" content can be loaded to a vendor profile in Jomablue. For example, for internal vendors, a limited offer could be displayed in their feed if they interact with a vendor. This content could include some wording around their offer and a image.
Publish announcements to all logged in app users or a category of app users (based on registration categories). Announcements can be scheduled for a date/time in the future and wont be displayed in the feed until that time.
- Plain Text Headings up to 60 characters
- Plain Text Descriptions up to 300 characters
- HTML Link and label customisation of how the link is displayed (eg: "View More" or "More Info")
- <img> tags can be used to display images hosted externally
- Announcements can be scheduled in the future and will only display in their feed at that time
- Please note, these are not pushed to the device, the user is required to open their feed to view the announcement
Important: This is not Push notifications. We don't have push notification functionality as iOS currently does not support Pushing notifications to a PWA, but reports indicate its being worked on.
When a person attends a session, they will receive a session card in their feed. There is the option to turn on a 5 star rating and a free text response per session. This allows a logged in event app user to provide instant feedback to the sessions they have attended.
The agenda is in sync with Sessions in Jomablue. If a sessions marked for display in the app (see screenshot below), it will instantly appear in the Event App. By default when adding a session, the session is visible in the Event App.
Features of the Agenda:
- All Sessions are displayed in chronological Order.
- Sessions are grouped by Day and Time (hour)
- Displayed is the session name, Start/End Time and Location.
- If a session name is long, it will be automatically cutoff and ellipses (...) will be displayed. The cutoff point is determined by a persons device width.
- Quick Jump Tabs, represented as Days are presented in the bottom tab
- Once a registered person has logged in, they will see which sessions they are entitled to attend, which sessions they have attended, and which sessions they are not entitled to attend.
- Sessions can be made not-visible in the event app but still be used for session check in.
- Favourite sessions (does not require user to log in) and filter the list to display only favourited sessions
Example of the Agenda displaying favourited sessions, attended sessions, restricted and entitled sessions:
The session detail displays more information than the default Agenda view.
Features of Session Detail:
- The Name of the session is displayed in full
- The Day, date and time and location of the session is displayed
- The Description is displayed in full
- Speaker First and Last names, along with profile photos are displayed. The speaker order cannot be altered.
If a description of speakers are not provided for a session, the following message will be displayed:
The vendor list is sorted alphabetically. Vendors can be added to groups in order to seperate them into sponsorship levels or other relevant groups.
These groups are represented in alphabetical order. So if you would like Gold Sponsors to appear before Bronze, then we suggest naming them 1. Gold and 2. Bronze respectively.
In the list view, the Vendor Logo, Name and a preview of the Vendor description is displayed (the length of the description depends on the width of the device)
If a logo or description is not added, whitespace appears in the event app.
Vendor detail displays the following:
- Vendor Name
- Vendor Description
- Vendor Logo
- Button to link to vendor URL (such as their website)
Custom pages can be used to add your own HTML content. Custom pages support a menu label, a page heading, icon, and HTML body content.
Here are some examples of custom pages. All images are hosted externally.
Custom page being used to list out important event information
Custom page being used to link to external webpages
Another example of using custom pages to advertise elements of the event
|A fullscreen image was displayed here, where tapping on the image would launch a zoomable PDF (via a URL) that contained a detailed map of the event.|
Custom pages are displayed in the app, in the order they are entered into Jomablue.
Scripts are not supported on custom pages.
The speakers listing is displayed in alphabetical order by first name. Displayed is:
- Profile picture (speaker headshot)
- First Name and Last Name
- Job Title
A search field allows users to search for speaker by First Name, Last Name or Company Name.
If a speaker is selected form the Speaker list, the speaker detail displays the following information.
The speaker detail displays:
- Profile picture (speaker headshot)
- First Name and Last Name
- Job Title
- Free Text Bio
- A list of sessions the speaker is speaking in (links to session)
- Support for linking to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Plus and Email.
Requires users to be logged into event app. Networking recommends other people they should connect with and presents their Profile Picture, First Name, Last Name, Company job title, bio and methods of communication (including SMS and Email).
All users must Opt-in to networking within their profile. The default state is networking is turned off. Users also have control over what is visible in their networking profile, such as the display of their job title or contact method.
Users cam send a connection invite to another person using networking. This can be send along with a short introduction method. Once the other party accepts the connection, each person will be listed under "connections"
A persons profile will contain the methods of how they want to be contacted and can list their Email address, twitter or phone number for texting. The Event App Launches the default app to handle the contact you select (for example, email addresses are opened in your default Email client, Twitter contacts are opened in Twitter etc)
The Event App menu order is not customisable, the order fixed menu items followed by Custom Pages. The icons and labels are Customisable for only the custom pages.
Detailing the custom pages vs fixed menu items
Example of the app with the menu expanded.
Jomablue supports limited customisations to the event app as the app is designed to be a quick-to-market app.
Some of the customisations include:
- Change the default colour of the event app. Colour must be contasting to white (ie; darker colours)
- Customer event banner image
- Alter the labeling of 'vendor'
Please check with Jomablue team if your desired customisation is available.
The event app currently only supports English.