- Open the case and remove an iPad and Printer from the case. Ensure that they both come from the same side of the case, and the numbers on the blue labels on the back of each device match (e.g. "iPad 1" and "Printer 1").
- Power on the iPad by holding the button on the top of the device at the right until the Apple logo appears on the screen. Then power on the printer by pressing the leftmost button on the front panel.
- Once the iPad has finished booting up and you can see the home screen, find and open the Jomablue Lite app. If the iPad does not have the Jomablue Lite app, go to the iPad Configuration Instructions section of this sheet.
- Enter the name of your instance into the first prompt, then enter your username and password. Jomablue will send a SMS with a 4-digit code to the mobile number registered with that account to verify the login, which you'll be prompted to enter.
- Select your event from the list of events on the screen.
iPad Configuration Instructions
- To configure the iPad, find the Settings icon on the home screen and open it.
- Open the Bluetooth section of Settings, and ensure that Bluetooth is switched On.
- Return to the home screen by pressing the Home Button (the round button below the screen).
- Locate and tap the App Store icon on the home screen of the iPad.
- Search for Jomablue Lite in the App Store, then tap Get to begin the installation. Then tap the icon with a picture of a cloud with an arrow pointing down to download the app.
- Open Jomablue Lite, enter the name of your instance when prompted, then enter your username and password. Jomablue will send a SMS with a 4-digit to the mobile number registered with that account to verify the login, which you'll be prompted to enter.
- Tap the cog icon on the top right of the app screen, then tap Printer Connection, then tap Select an Accessory. Refer to the Brother QL-820NWB Printer Setup article to configure the printer (link below), then return to this step.
- Once the printer has been set up and powered on, you'll be able to see the printer in the Select an Accessory dialog box. Tap on it to pair the printer with the iPad.
- In the Select printer to use section, select QL-820NWB and then tap Save & Back.
- Your printer and iPad are now paired and ready to use! Return to Step 5 of the Setup Instructions section of this sheet.
- To check a person in to your event, scan their e-Ticket by tapping the Scan button at the middle of the top of the main screen in Jomablue Lite. This will display their person record on the right hand panel of the screen.
- Tap the Print Badge button at the bottom of the person record on the right hand side of the screen to print their badge, and check them in to the event.
- If the person does not have an e-Ticket, you can look them up in the App. Use the Search bar in the top left of the screen to search for them by first and/or last name, then tap on their name to open their person record, then print their badge as above.
- If the person does not appear when you search for them, they will need to register for the event. It is recommended that this is done on a laptop via the Jomablue Portal, but it can also be done in Jomablue Lite. Tap the button on the top right of the screen and fill out the form with the persons details, select the appropriate categories, then tap Save and Print at the top right of the screen to save them and print their badge.
- Jomablue Event Kit Quick Start video -> http://userguide.jomablue.com/event-kit/jomablue-event-kit-quick-start
- Brother QL-820NWB Printer Setup article -> http://userguide.jomablue.com/event-kit/brother-ql-820nwb-printer-setup
- Connecting iPad to Printer video -> http://userguide.jomablue.com/event-kit/connecting-ipad-to-printer
- Connection Unsuccessful when pairing Brother Printer article -> http://userguide.jomablue.com/event-kit/connection-unsuccessful-when-pairing-brother-printer